Friday, July 17, 2009

Cross Country Day 17: Vespa Orem - Torrey, Utah

Took PX and the borrowed LX150 and spent the morning at Sundance – ate lunch at the lodge and took the lift up to the top of the mountain. Sundance is a very nice place (town?) – but much smaller than I expected. I cannot imagine what the roads must be like during the film festival – the roads are tiny, they remind me a lot of the roads back in Vermont!

Dropped by Vespa Orem about 1 PM and was happy to find the GTS in one piece. Rick and Charlie walked me through the fix for the exhaust – since they installed a brand new exhaust, I know have a better than recall fix – I basically have a 2010 exhaust!

I owe a huge thanks to Charlie, Rick and the rest of the team at Vespa Orem. Not only did they patiently explain the cause of the situation, they also explored all options to get us back on the road and let us borrow a new LX150 so we could at least enjoy our unplanned stay in Orem.

After thanking Charlie and his team, we hit the road and headed south and rode 200 beautiful miles, crossing mountainous terrain (again, scaled up to ~9000 feet) to Torrey, Utah. The ride was really interesting – we traversed through city/suburban landscape, then entered forest and mountainous areas, and also passed through some very dry desert, sandy areas. Given the late time of our departure, we arrived at Torrey late, exhausted but thankful the GTS was finally fixed.

Total Miles Day 17: 190 Miles

Sundance (With LX150)




















New Exhaust with Upgraded Joint


Vespa Orem Team and Fixed Up GTS




Little Hot Today…


On Route to Torrey, Utah














2 comments:

David Masse said...

I really appreciate being able to read about your trip. I plan to buy an LX150 in the spring. How did it compare to the GTS and the PX?

Got to go back to your blog :-)

Wangta said...

LX150 is a great scooter - top speed is around 60-65, but it gets hurt a bit on hills. Great for around city driving where you can't really go faster than 60 anyways - very narrow profile and considerably lighter than the GTS. If I lived in a really congested city (NYC, etc) - I would def get the LX150. If you plan on riding in more open roads, without as many cars, and on hilly terrain - then I would suggest GTS. Really depends on your ride, but LX is a great scoot!